Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Formally...

My name is Casey Schmidt and I LOVE teaching yoga to kids. It isn't a career or a job, it is a journey with many fun and adventurous paths thus far. I am the proud owner of Peaceful Hearts Yoga, formally Once Upon a Pose, Yoga for Kids.

While I am grateful for all the wonderful adventures with Once Upon a Pose, Yoga for Kids, I have decided to change the name to Peaceful Hearts Yoga. There was an issue presented to me a couple months ago; thus requiring the change. At first I was sad and thought what bad luck. That evening, I was reading a book to my daughter when it hit me. "Maybe good luck and bad luck are all mixed up - you never know what will happen next." This is a quote from beautiful book Zen Shorts.

With that being said, I was going to move forward with a positive attitude. I was on a quest for a name that comes from the heart. I wanted something that when you read or said it, you thought of peace, love, gratitude, happiness...everything I believe in and promote.

What is important to have every day? A peaceful heart. A peaceful heart is not only what you start with and end with in yoga, but it is what you should start and end with everyday. And that is how Peaceful Hearts Yoga came to be.

Philosophy:
"Great compassion makes a peaceful heart. A peaceful heart makes a peaceful person. A peaceful person makes a peaceful family. A peaceful family makes a peaceful community. A peaceful community makes a peaceful nation. A peaceful nation makes a peaceful world." Maha Ghosananda

In today's society, many children are moving at a faster pace; thus putting stress on their young bodies and spirit. Peaceful Hearts Yoga believes that in the mist of all the hustle and bustle, if a child has a peaceful heart, he/she will be able to remain calm and step forward with confidence.

"If we are to teach real peace in this world, and if we are to carry real war against war, we shall have to begin with children." M. Gandhi

Let a peaceful heart be contagious, contact me today and start spreading peace through yoga.

Namaste ~

Special Note: Although the name has changed, I am still 100% committed to sharing the amazing gift of yoga with the youth in the community and spreading awareness of healthily choices on and off the mat.




 


1 comment: